Translating Research into Psychological Practice
Dr. Keating and Associates
Secret Agent Society
The Secret Agent Society is a specialized skill-building curriculum developed for individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism age 8-12. Since that time, the SAS program has been shown to be effective with a number of children who experience problems with emotional regulation and social interactions.
- Skills developed include:
- Recognizing facial expressions, tone of voice, and body language in others.
- Recognizing and coping with feelings of anxiety and frustration.
- How to start, maintain, and end conversations.
- How to develop friendships.
- How to play and interact socially with others.
- How to tell the difference between friendly joking and destructive teasing.
- How to manage bullying.
- How to cope with making mistakes.
- How to handle new situations and ask for help when needed.
The SAS program combines real-world practice with in-session activities and video game based drills to provide generalization of new skills to everyday experiences.
At this time, SAS is being offered individually as a 9-session, weekly program including parent and teacher consultation.